We have been present in Switzerland since 1897. We opened the first Societe Generale branch in Lausanne and a second one thirty years later in Zurich.
- Societe Generale group is established in Switzerland in Lausanne.
- Creation of the new “Société suisse de banque et de dépôts” branch.
- Transfer of Lausanne branch to the new entity.
- Another office is opened in Fribourg.
- The Sogenal branch opens in Zurich.
- First foreign bank to join the Zurich stock exchange.
- Sogenal opens in Geneva.
- The name is changed to Societe Generale Bank & Trust, Swiss branch.
- With the acquisition of Ruegg Bank, Societe Generale extends its activity.
- Societe Generale Bank & Trust transfers its Private Banking operations to Societe Generale Ruegg Bank.
- The name is changed to Societe Generale, with branches in Paris, Zurich and Geneva.
- The merger of SG Ruegg Banque and Compagnie Bancaire Geneva creates Société Générale Private Banking (Suisse) SA.
- ALD Automotive opens in Zurich.
- The International Trade Services office (Natural Resources and Energy Financing) opens in Geneva.
- The Private Banking and Investment Banking activities are housed together in a new building in the heart of Geneva.